Razor Hovertrax Self Balancing Scooter Review
Razor is the biggest name in the hoverboard game. Remember that crazy-popular kick scooter from the early 2000’s? Yeah, that Razor. They’re the company that actually owns the patent on these little two-wheeled self balancing scooters, and with as big as they are, it was a pretty safe bet for us to assume they probably had the best product on the market. (hint: we were right.)
Features & Specifications
- Board Dimensions: 25″ x 9″ x 9″ (63.5 x 22.8 x 22.8 cm)
- Weight: 26.5 lbs (12 kg)
- Wheel Size: 6.5″ (16.5 cm)
- Max Speed: 6 mph (9.7 km/h)
- Max Climbing Angle: 25°
- Cornering: 0° rotation
- Charge Time: 2 hours
- Range Per Charge: 115 minutes of continuous use
- Rider Weight Limit: 220 lbs (100 kg)
- Shatter-resistant polymer frame
- Silent, dual hub motors with gyro sensor technology
- Anti-slip foot grip platforms
- U.S. Patent No. 8,738,278, Chinese Patent No. CN203158157
- Certified battery and charger
- 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- Available in Blue or Red.
Razor Hovertrax Images
Razor Hovertrax Test & Review
Considering all the hype of Razor joining the hoverboard game, we were excited to finally see their finished product. The Razor Hovertrax design doesn’t disappoint, it definitely fits their action-based product line. With a traditional curvy body shape, the Hovertrax has Razor’s signature cutting-edge logo on each wheel and bears their logo on the front. With all the controversy surround hoverboards lately (due to fires, etc.), this is one company you can definitely trust has invested in the highest quality and safest product available.
Our Razor Hovertrax took approximately 2 hours to charge, which is a little longer than some of the other brands we’ve tested prior, but we didn’t mind because we know this board’s extreme power quality (both the battery and charger are certified safe!). The lithium battery and charging device have both been carefully designed to avoid any problems.
Riding the Hovertrax was smooth as ever. With a top speed of 6 mph, it was comfortable and fun to cruise around on without having to worry about getting out of control. Razor is targeting the board at ages of 13 years and older, but honestly, this self balancing scooter is suitable for everybody. Although Razor claims the battery lasts 115 minutes on a single charge, we were actually able to get about 150 minutes of continuous use before needing to plug it back in, so that made us happy!
The Hovertrax’s body is super durable thanks to its shatter-resistant polymer frame, and you can take this thing anywhere! We tested it out on both dirt and grass, and we only experienced a little big of slowing down while on the grass. Not that you’ll be riding on the grass often, but we just like to make note of things like that. As with most hoverboards, the body scratches easily, but it just comes with the territory. Luckily, it’s only surface scratches, the Hovertrax itself still functions just fine!
- Highest-quality build with signature Razor-product design
- #1 safest hoverboard with genuine certified battery and charger
- United States patented product, backed by a major U.S. company
- Comfortable, easy, and fun to ride
- Smooth acceleration and turning
- With a 6 mph top speed, it’s a little slower than other brands
All in all, the Razor Hovertrax is the #1 choice when it comes to quality and safety. With all the news of hoverboard fires lately, Razor is probably the only brand we can say with absolute certainty is going to be worry-free. Because they are such a big, well-known company, they have invested a lot of time and money into a great product. We absolutely recommend the Razor Hovertrax for all ages.